Our aim is to coordinate localised care efforts that complement statutory and voluntary organisations, without replacing them / carrying the responsibility they have for members of the Telegraph Hill community who are self-isolating. This includes supporting the more at-risk demographic including the elderly, disabled and people with pre-existing health issues who may already be accessing specific support services.
How We Work
- We have a centralised phone number and email address that we are putting on a leaflet that our neighbours can use to contact us if they need help in some form.
- We will take turns monitoring the phone and email inbox, and logging any requests we receive from those in need.
- Requests for help will then be completed by the wider group and communicated via Whatsapp.
- Provide a contact number for local vulnerable people to call if they need support.
- Run errands/shopping for vulnerable people/self isolating people.
- Provide a friendly ear and some emotional support to community members who are self isolating or finding the pandemic overwhelming.
Read the Telegraph Hill Chapter Plan